You need to apply for a study visa in the case where you are not a French national or an EU citizen (defined as being a citizen of one of the 27 countries of the European Union).
Please consult the official governmental website about visas for France for general information on this topic (guidelines, type of visa, status, coming to France, etc.).
Furthermore, the French government has developed Visas Wizard, a platform that will allow you to determine if you need a visa, what type of visa, the necessary documents, the correspondent fees, etc.

To complete your visa application, you will receive:
  • a letter of acceptance to the University of Tours once your pre-registration file has been validated
  • a certificate of acceptance of university housing by the CROUS (if you have applied for residential housing – /!\ for private dwellings, you must ask the owner directly for the certificate)

Campus France procedure

Students from the following countries are subject to the procedure «Etudes en France»:

Algeria, Argentina, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Benin, Bolivia, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Gabon, Georgia, Ghana, Guinea, Haiti, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ivory Coast, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Madagascar, Malaysia, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Peru, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Vietnam.

To access your Campus France area, you will need to enter the name of your country followed by and complete a file.

For example, if you are Mexican:

Then, in the “I am accepted” menu, you must indicate the name of our university and the type of program (exchange program). This is a procedure that will facilitate your visa application.