Annual leave, leave of absence and sick leave

Your annual leave days

Please ask your line manager and/or HR officer about your annual leave entitlement and how to apply for leave under French labour law.

Leave of absence
In addition to sick leave and annual leave, staff members may, under certain conditions, benefit from paid or unpaid leave. 


Leave for health reasons

In case of illness, all civil servants are entitled to sick leave. Depending on the condition, there are different types of leave. Non-tenured staff may also, in the case of sickness, benefit from leave.

Provisions to be followed in case of ordinary sick leave according to your status as a tenured or non-tenured employee .

Accident at work

You may have an accident at your workplace. In this case, you should immediately inform your head of department and make a declaration to the CHRO.

If the accident is recognised as being attributable to the service, all medical expenses related to the accident will be paid by the University.

Occupational diseases

If you consider that you have developed a pathology directly linked to the exercise of your professional activity, it may be recognised as an occupational disease. You must then contact the prevention doctor and put together a file for recognition of an occupational disease.