Foreign students need a visa to study in France.

Citizens from the European Union, the European Economic Area or Switzerland do not need an entry visa to come to France, whatever the duration of their stay.
Non-EU students wishing to stay over three months in France must apply for a long-stay visa: the procedure is described in the section "Before your arrival - Getting a visa".