Direct access to content

Site International

Support Services

You are here : ENGLISH > Profiles > Exchange students > Support services

In accordance to the cooperation agreements between the University François-Rabelais and their home university, exchange students benefit from dedicated support services upon arrival and during the whole duration of their stay.
  • Accommodation
As an exchange student, you can choose among several types of accommodations and you can benefit from the support of the International Relations Office: an accommodation request form has to be filled in as part of the registration process. For more information, click here.
  • Improving your knowledge of French
If you want to improve your knowledge of French, you can study at the CUEFEE (Centre Universitaire d’Enseignement du Français pour Etudiants Etrangers / University Center of French as a Foreign Language) or at the CRL (Centre de Ressources en Langues / Language Resource Center). For more information, click here.
  • Mentorship
The International Relations Office also organizes mentorship. This consists in having a French student of the François-Rabelais University help a foreign student who has come to study at our university for a semester or an academic year. For more information, click here.

Course choice

Click here, to see the most popular courses.


Frédéric Soreau
Direction des Relations Internationales
60 rue du Plat d’étain - BP 12050
37020 Tours cedex 1
Tel: +33(0)2 47 36 67 17
Fax: +33(0)2 47 36 67 06

Documents You Need

Every Erasmus student from the European Union is advised to bring the following documents:

  • Student’s card from the home university;
  • Documents from the home university stating that you are authorized to study at the Université de Tours;
  • Proof of your health coverage (form E 128, or Health Insurance European card);
  • ID card or passport;
  • Approximately ten passport-size photos;
  • Health record or vaccination certificates.

 If you drive a car, you must have the following documents with you at all times:

  • Driver’s licence;
  • International insurance card;
  • Registration papers of the vehicle.